Thursday, September 18, 2008

Feelings and Emotions

As for the feelings and emotions part of preschool, I taught the boys a few songs.
The first song is I've got Joy!!!

It's so cute to watch them sing it.

Oh boy, I've got Joy I do, do you?
It starts in my heart and spreads to my head in a minute or two.
and did you know it can grow on your toe and keep my knees so they don't freeze,
It feels so neat from my head to my feet.
I've got joy, I do I do.
The best place it show is below my nose I've got a smile for you for a mile or two
I've got joy!!!

We also sang If You Chance To Meet a Frown, and If You're Happy and You Know It.
The last song we sang talked about feelings called "Everyone Has Feelings"
It talks about appropriate ways to show your feelings and its okay to have different feelings
like happy, sad, angry, mad, jealous and glad. . .

Then we played charades and guessed what feeling was being acted out, they really liked that.

No comments: